June 20, 2012

Wallpaper Wednesday | Doctor Who {vol. 2}

Happy Wednesday everyone and welcome to Vol. 2 of the Doctor Who wallpaper series!
Are we sitting comfortably?  Good, then we'll begin...

...with Martha Jones.


I liked Martha.  Freema Agyeman did a fine job as The Doctor's next traveling companion, despite the odds.
I mean, anyone coming after Rose would be hard to accept at first, and she did quite well under the circumstances.  I felt so sorry for her, loving The Doctor (don't we all??) and knowing that he still loves Rose.  Of course, I was also quite pleased that The Doctor didn't forget Rose.  I don't think I could have forgiven him if he had.  Loyalty and faithfulness are very important to me in heroes.

Oh, and Martha was totally awesome during the last episodes of Series 4!
.....

And now a few from one of my absolute favorite episodes ever, Blink!


"Whatever you do, don't blink."

Absolutely not!  I wouldn't think of blinking, Doctor.

I'm extremely distrustful of all statues now, particularly if they're angels....and especially if they're weeping angels.  *shudder*


Okay, who else loved Sally Sparrow and wanted to see her as one of The Doctor's companion?!  
I sure did!!!
Carey Mulligan is one of my favorite present day actresses, so that's part of it, but I just loved that character.


The Doctor: Fascinating race, the Weeping Angels. The only psychopaths in the universe to kill you nicely. No mess, no fuss, they just zap you into the past and let you live to death. The rest of your life used up and blown away in the blink of an eye. You die in the past, and in the present they consume the energy of all the days you might have had, all your stolen moments. They're creatures of the abstract. They live off potential energy.
Billy Shipton: What are you talking about?
Martha Jones: Trust me, just nod when he stops for breath.
The Doctor: Tracked you down with this. This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff. Also, it can boil an egg at 30 paces, whether you want it to or not, actually, so I've learned to stay away from hens. It's not pretty when they blow.


Probably my favorite line ever...
Except, there are so many wonderful lines in Doctor Who that I can't really pick a favorite. *smile*
.....

And this one of Ten to tide Alexandra over until next week...;)

 .....

- As usually, the pictures link to their full sized images and are also available on the For You page -

.....

I was planning on sharing a lot more wallpapers today, but life caught up with me...
And my creative juices were running a bit low, too

So, as a result, the next two Wallpaper Wednesday posts will also be devoted to Doctor Who.
And what's wrong with that? :D

After that, I'll see if I can't get some classic film wallpapers together for all of you silver screen fans:)

.....

Happy Trails!

9 comments:

  1. Yayyyyyy!!!!!! Prepare for looooong comment...

    You know, I really, really, really liked Martha. Much more than I thought I would. I was all mourning Rose and everything...but Martha seriously really, REALLY grew on me. I read somewhere that people can identify with Martha more because like all of us fans she loved him and he never returned it ;-P. But seriously, she is definitely my favorite next to Rose.

    Part of it is that personally I think Season 3 was my favorite season. Rose not being there aside, it had some of the most AWESOME (and my favorite) episodes in the show - Human Nature/Family of Blood, Blink, 42, Shakespeare Code, the last three episodes...in fact almost all of my favorite episodes are from Season 3. The only improvement would be if Rose had been there, of course. :)

    I WAS glad that they stuck with him being in love with Rose, though...drives me NUTS when a HUGE character leaves on a TV show and you never hear about them again and it's like they never existed. Rose and the Doctor was such a huge thing that I was glad they kept that in there.

    Loved Blink - although there wasn't enough Doctor IMO, but then you can't have everything. The line you have in there is one of my favorite rambling-Doctor-lines.

    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff. Also, it can boil an egg at 30 paces, whether you want it to or not, actually, so I've learned to stay away from hens. It's not pretty when they blow." - LOVE IT.

    I was SO hyped to see Carey Mulligan...one of my favorites, too! She would be a great companion, I totally agree. :)

    And ha - I am extremely distrustful of angel statues, too. And blink? I never have that problem - whenever the Doctor's on the screen I never blink. Wouldn't want to miss a second of the awesomeness. Hehehehe.

    Thanks for the tide-me-over! :-P And hey. You won't hear ME complaining about two more weeks of Doctor Wallpaper. Um, NO. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all so lovely! :D I especially like that last one....(:
    I did really like Martha, actually--she was such a fun character. All the episodes with her were pretty great too. I LOVED Blink, and th Shakespeare one too...And you do have to feel sorry for her, but most of the time I was just thinking, "No! He's in love with Rose!!"
    Ooh, and now I'm going to be eagerly anticipating the next two Wednesdays...(:

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, first of all, Martha is utterly awesome. The first time I watched Season 3, I was still getting over the fact that Rose was gone, but I still liked Martha. Recently I re-watched Season 3 and I loved Martha even more. I think part of the reason I like her so much is that I find her very relateable. And yeah, she's incredible in the Season 3 finale. Yay for Martha!

    Blink is one of the first episodes of Doctor Who I watched, and it was the episode that made me realize that Doctor Who was absolutely amazing. Haha. I showed it to my sisters, and it really freaked them out. One of the scariest Doctor Who episodes for sure. Carey Mulligan is amazing also. Her line "[sad] is happy for deep people" is one of my favorite quotes now. I think it perfectly describes my feelings for Doctor Who (especially the relationship between Ten/Rose). Actually some of the saddest episodes are my favorite episodes... I don't know, they make me happy in a deep way. Haha. ;)

    Can't wait for the next Wallpaper Wednesday posts! They are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexandra - I was looking forward to your wonderful long comment:D

    I'm not sure if I like Martha or Donna the best after Rose. I didn't realize I'd missed Martha so much until she showed up again in Season 4! I really, really like her!!

    Season 3 definitely has some of the best episodes!! LOVE all of the ones you named. So, so good...despite missing Rose:)

    That would have been horrible in the extreme if The Doctor had never mentioned Rose after she left/was trapped.

    Yep, totally agree - not enough Doctor in Blink. But when he was there, he was at is absolute best:D
    Totally, totally love it when The Doctor rambles. *grin*

    Haha!! Nope, I don't blink when The Doctor's on the screen, either. Nope, me either - don't want to miss a second of the awesomeness. =D

    lol. You're welcome;)
    And I knew there wouldn't be any complaints from you:D

    Vicki - *grin* Yep, I love that last one myself;D
    YES!! I felt sorry for Martha, but the whole time I'm thinking, "Um, no. He's in love with Rose! Forget it, Martha!!" lol.

    Green Medallion - I really, really need to re-watch Season 3. Some of my absolute FAVORITE episodes EVER!! Yes, Martha is totally relate-able and totally awesome!

    Hehe. I watched Blink with my bro at night, in my room, with the lights out. We were freaking out!! Sitting there, clutching each other and all but screaming "Don't BLINK!!!" at the computer screen. It was the best;D
    Yes, I love that line! "Sad is happy for deep people." I'm with you there - totally how I feel about Doctor Who, and the saddest episodes are my favorites. We must be deep. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look at your header photo and just think of the verdancy of your surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, um, I found your blog whilst looking for Doctor Who wallpapers, and there is a very good possibility that I am here to stay. Your feelings about this show match mine almost PERFECTLY.

    I'm such a scaredy-cat, I skipped Blink ... but I'm going back to watch it now. ANY Ten is good Ten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah Hudson - Welcome to my blog! Yay!! Another Whovian!! =D

    Ooh, yes! You definitely need to watch Blink. Ten is the best:D

    Once again, welcome! I'm looking forward to 'seeing' you here:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched Blink. It was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah - Hurray!! I'm glad you liked it=)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!