June 12, 2010
I enjoy quizzes. I love the kind that get passed around on email - they're so fun and you can learn a lot about your friends!
However, the questions, as a general rule, seem to be kind of...lame?
Like, "Do you wish on stars?" Not very thought provoking or deep or worth asking, in my opinion.
So, I decided to come up with my own quiz. The book lovers quiz! I'm not sure if there's a certain procedure or protocol that needs to be observed when creating a blog award or tag, but I thought I'd turn this into a tag/award by creating a graphic to go with it...because I love designing graphics:)
To participate in this tag, you need to 1) answer the questions in the quiz and 2) tag three of your book loving blogger friends!
- Five of your favorite books?
- Out of those five books who is your favorite character and why?
- What is your favorite time period to read about?
- Do you prefer adventure or humor?
- Fiction or Non-fiction?
- E-book or hard copy?
- Hard cover or paperback?
- Book(s) you are reading now?
- Name the five books you have read most recently.
- Favorite author(s)?
- In which century were most of the books you read written?
- When choosing a book to read are you influenced by the cover?
- Which is your favorite G.A. Henty book?
- Can’t choose just one? Name five more.
- The one book you will never read again?
- In your opinion, the ultimate hero in literature is…
- The ultimate gentleman?
- The heroine you most wanted to shake some sense into?
- Ever wanted to change a character’s name?
- Change the ending of a book?
- Three favorite non-fiction books?
- Name four heroines that you most admire and relate to.
And I'm tagging everyone who reads this, since it's just getting started:)
June 4, 2010
Doesn't Squirt look so cute with his baby blue "vest" on?
The poor little dude managed get himself a rather nasty cut today, and since there was a good sized piece of skin flapping open we decided it would be a good idea to do something about it besides cleaning it. Thankfully, it wasn't a deep cut. Rather than trying to stitch it closed, or super glue it closed, we decided to vet wrap it.
I'm an expert with vet wrap...duct tape, too.
Anyway, because the cut is located on the front of his right shoulder, we had to wrap the vet wrap in a figure 8 around his shoulders, between his front legs and behind his front legs, too.
Wooton checks out Squirts new look.