April 13, 2012

Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Hold on to your hats, folks.  I'm about to reveal the extent of my nerdy-ness in two words...Doctor Who.

I fell head over heels in love with this British sci-fi TV series...and I'm only two seasons in!

It. Is. Awesome. Period.

I just love pretty much everything about it - flying through time and space in the TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space), the sonic screwdriver, awesome British accents, The Doctor himself...*swoon*

In particular, the 10th Doctor.  He had me as soon as he put on his pair of 3-D glasses...
*grin*
"Isn't anyone going to ask me what's with the glasses??"
 
...actually, before that when he had the sword fight with the Sycorax while in his PJs.  Not everyone can pull that off...and he wasn't even wearing wellies!!  (sorry, that was an inside joke with me, myself and I)
So, I guess he had me from the beginning;)  
He also has excellent taste in clothes...

I think David Tennant will always be my favorite Doctor.  This may or may not have something to do with the fact that David Tennant has a lovely Scottish accent in real life;)

What?!  What?!  What?!

Ooh, and did I mention that the TARDIS looks like a 1960s London police call box??
Well, it does.  It's bigger on the inside.  Very cool.
Anyway, don't be alarmed if from now on I suddenly yell "allons-y!" and randomly say "this could really be more sonic".  And I may possibly mumble something about edible ball-bearings.
I'm perfectly alright, but if you're really worried there is one thing you can do...


Note: Please use caution and your own judgement when viewing this series - in several episodes there is some adult content and a few brief incidents of stuff that I firmly believe are immoral and wrong (mainly involving an implied relationship between two men)...which I skip.  I'm telling you all this because I don't want you to think that I'm ok with that kind of stuff, because I'm definitely not.  As it's not part of the main story or series, but seems to be an isolated incident, I'm ok with simply skipping it and enjoying the rest of the series.
Thanks for understanding:)

Also, if you do not enjoy encounters with aliens and strange life forms in general, you will not like this series.
You've been warned.
;)


Dalek: The Doctor will open the Ark!
The Doctor: Ha ha, the Doctor will not.
Dalek: You have no way of resisting!
The Doctor: Mm, you got me there. *holds up sonic screwdriver* Although, there is always this.
Dalek: A sonic probe?
The Doctor: That's screwdriver.
Dalek: It is harmless.
The Doctor: Ohh, yes. Harmless is just the word: that's why I like it! Doesn't kill, doesn't wound, doesn't maim. But I'll tell you what it does do: It is very good at opening doors. *pushes the switch and the doors explode*

Happy Trails, y'all!

10 comments:

  1. This was my absolute favourite, before that agonizingly tragic day when it stopped playing on any of the few channels that we get. I'm in such agonizing pain...pity me.
    And BTW, David Tennant will always be the very best!

    ~Nessima of Arda Nessimava

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Tennant is my favorite doctor so far, just because of his quirkiness.(: and sadly, I'm the only one in my family who watches it, so my obscure references (Allonsy, Allonso!) only get me odd looks. -_- i'll get them hooked eventually, though!

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee! I grew up watching [reruns of] the classic Doctor Who (circa 1960s-80s), so this stuff is all new to me (edible ball-bearings?? What happened to jelly-babies?). And personally, Tom Baker *is* The Doctor in my book. Just sayin'. ;-)

    God bless,
    ~"Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, hurray!! Some of my readers know and love The Doctor, too! =D

    Nessima Tavariel - Oh! I do pity you!! How terrible that they stopped playing it. In fact, I think that might be a crime...
    Perhaps your library has a copy you could borrow? That's how I've been watching the series.

    Vicki - Oh yes! I love his quirkiness and how quickly his moods change=)
    I finally got my brother to watch a few episodes with me and now he's hooked. Yay!! Aside from him, no one understands what I'm talking about;)

    Wild Rose - I knew you were a kindred spirit! I love how we have similar taste in TV shows (Doctor Who, Mission: Impossible). I wish I could watch the original series!! They don't have it at the library though:( The 11th doctor (whom I've not seen yet) has an affection for jelly babies, I believe. So, they're still there=)

    I hope you all have a beautiful and blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, wait until you get to season 4 ("Series 4" in BBC-speak) with companion Donna Noble (my personal favorite). "The Silence in the Library" is truly creepi-fyin'.

    Oh, and I find Daleks annoying (although I have a Dalek keychain - yes, I am a geek) but Cybermen freak me out. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, so yes, I am obsessed enough to go back and read all your Doctor Who related posts. Heheheheee.

    I was giggling profusely through this post. Just in case you wanted to know. The pictures were AWESOMENESS.

    LOVE the quote. One of my favorites. Also included is...

    "Correctomundo...a word I have never used before and hopefully never will again." - School Reunion

    "Look at (the hair) standing up on the back of my manly hairy hand!" - Fear Her

    "Hermits united. We meet up every ten years and swap stories about caves. It's a good deal of fun - for a hermit." - Utopia

    Sheeeesh. I'm gushing. :-D

    So this has totally changed my life. So cheesy, but so true. And I guess that says something about the amount of "life" I have. Hehe. But now everything and anything is a Doctor Who reference, as you said in that caption. I was reading this review about a book and the girl is like, who would want to read about the Amish and aliens? And I'm like, A DOCTOR WHO FAN! :-D

    YES, I saw a cake with the little silver balls on it the other day and I'm like, edible ball bearings!!! And "such and such is bigger on the inside".

    AND THE SYCORAX FIGHT IN HIS "JIM-JAMS". I knew I loved him from that moment on.

    And David Tennant. The accent, peoples. The accent. Not to mention the eyebrows and the winks and the cool hair and the smile. Yes, the smile, too, indeeeeeeeedy. Oh, dear. Now I am descending into heights (depths?) of utter immaturity.

    You know, I love blogging. I might have never known there was another Doctor Who or TSP or anything else fan were it not for that.

    ACTUALLY - I wouldn't even know about the show were it not for Blogger. Oh, horror.

    Hehehe. Now I will go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alexandra -

    lol. Lovin' all this Doctor Who talk!!! =D

    Love, love LOVE all of those quotes!!! Hahaha - hermits united...just love it;D

    Gushing, swooning and squealing are all allowed - no, make that encouraged - on my blog, so gush away! =D

    Ha! Actually, I would say the same. Doctor Who has changed my life. If nothing else, it's made me think more about the everyday, little, odd things and enjoy them twice as much. And I'm now paranoid about normal, everyday objects...but that's another story;)
    Oh, I would totally read a book about Amish and aliens! :D

    I'm totally putting edible ball bearings on my next birthday cake.

    IN HIS "JIM-JAMS"!!! YES. I was completely in love from that point on.
    AND the 3D glasses, and the WATER PISTOL in Fires of Pompeii. I almost died from delight when he pulled out the water pistol!!

    Yep, yep - the accent, the eyebrows, the wink, the HAIR, and the smile. Oh yes, he's got an amazing smile. The heights/depths of utter immaturity? Join the club;D

    I couldn't agree more - I wouldn't have known about Doctor Who or all of the wonderful Whovians if it weren't for Blogger. That would have been sad, indeed!

    Thanks for the awesome comment - I've been sitting here laughing and chuckling to myself and thinking how wonderful Whovians are the entire time I've been reading and typing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like David Tennant's Doctor, too, and I guess everyone else and their grandmother (if she watches Doctor Who) does.
    I'm just starting watching into the series with Matt Smith; I quite like Matt Smith's Doctor, too, but I'm less keen on the stories so far. And he does not have the coat, which is a pity.

    My favourite quote is "timey-wimey wibbly-wobbly". It's just so silly and so poignant at the same time! :D Pretty much like the whole series.

    And I want a sonic screwdriver.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hana-Marmota - Yes, I think David Tennant's Doctor is very loved, and for good reason!!
    I've not yet seen Matt Smith as the Doctor, but I'm starting to look forward to it:) Lack of an AWESOME coat is definitely a downside. Ten's coat is soooo amazing!
    YES!! I love that quote, too!!! :D
    You and me both - totally want a sonic screwdriver!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Come to think of it, it's not the stories per se, it's rather the execution - I find it more difficult to navigate the plot, somehow.

    But if you love the Doctor's various silly props, you'll love Victory to the Daleks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!