April 18, 2012

Art thou weary?

I don't know about the rest of you, but sometimes it feels like I've got the entire world resting on my shoulders.
Okay, we're all human, so I know you've all had days like that.

It's so, so easy to get bogged down with everything that's going on in our lives.  With everything that we have to do every single day.

Sometimes, I just need to remind myself to give my burdens, no matter how great or how small they may be, to the Lord.  He is willing and He is more than able to carry them for me.  In fact, He loves to carry them for me, because He loves me.

Once I've allowed Him to bear my burdens, I can breath and I can see.

I can see His hand in my life.
I can see how beautiful this world that He's created for us is.
I can see how much my family needs me and appreciates me.
I can see that sometimes, I just need to be still and wait.
 I can be still, and know that He is God.
I can rejoice in Him and glorify Him once more.
I can thank Him for giving me this life to lead, for putting me exactly where I'm most needed.
I can see that I have a purpose, even when it seems I'm going nowhere.

The following are some verses, quotes and songs that lift me up and give my soul a much needed boost.
I hope that they will lift you up today, too.
 
 Be still, and know that I am God:
I will be exalted among the heathen, 
I will be exalted in the earth.
Psalm 46:10



While I'm Waiting...I listen to this song every morning, and the lyrics never cease to encourage me.


Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, 
and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say on the Lord.
Psalm 27:14

Someday, I'll understand.

And let us not be weary in well doing: 
for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
Galatians 6:9
Blessed Be Your Name...another song I listen to every day.





Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: 
he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
Psalm 55:22

Voice of Truth...love, love, love this song.


As for God, his way is perfect: the word to the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
For who is God same the Lord?  or who is a rock save our God?
It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.
He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
Psalm 18:30-34

And remember this...


Have a beautiful blessed day, everyone!

11 comments:

  1. What an encouraging post! :) You touched on exactly what God has been teaching me, also..funny how He works sometimes. ;) Have a blessed day!

    ~mattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tasha! That made my day and is just what I needed.

    ~ Love, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tasha--I needed this reminder.

    A cup of tea...and CHOCOLATE! ;-)

    God bless,
    ~"Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete
  4. :misty smile: Did you know you just became an angel for a few blessed minutes? Because you did.

    I hope the rest of your day turns out as beautifully as you just made mine! :)
    ~Margery

    ReplyDelete
  5. The days are indeed trying! That's for sure! But I have seen a lot of maturing and growth in you over the years, Tasha! And you have grown into a lovely, young woman, whose heart for the Lord is ever apparent. I'm proud of you, if I may say so. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find that it is only with Trials that we find our pathways. But, it is never easy and often confusing. And living with ambiguity is very stressful. I sent you a longer email that I hope will encourage you too. I find these words always comforting --Lord, let your loving-kindness be upon them; Who put their trust in you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful presentation Natasha. I enjoyed every word, both yours and the quotes, and every note of music.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm blown away and humbled that so many of my dear readers were blessed by this post. I'm so happy it was a blessing to you all and just what so many of you needed today. :)

    A Daughter of the King - I love it when that happens!

    Rebekah - Oh yes, CHOCOLATE is definitely a cure all;D

    Michelle - I'm so glad it was just what you needed:)

    Kellie, my dear friend, this post was for you. I'm so glad it blessed you.

    Jan - Thank you so much for saying that, Mrs. C. I definitely needed to hear that today. Sometimes it's hard to tell if you're making progress when you can't step back and see yourself.

    Winnie - Thank you so much for your encouraging words! I'm just starting to read your wonderful email.

    WilliamDane - I'm so glad you enjoyed it:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this encouraging post! We all need to be reminded of this at times.

    http://hopefulforhomemaking.blogspot.com

    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have no idea how much this post meant to me. I have been going through a hard time and this just spoke to me in a way nothing else has. Thank you so much.
    Love,Haley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stephanie - You're so very welcome! I'm so glad it was a blessing to you:)

    Haley - I'm so, so glad that this post was just what you needed. It was the Lord, not me, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be a blessing to you. I will be praying for you as you go through this hard season in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!