March 17, 2011

Wallpaper Wednesday - LOTR

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!
I'm wearing green, so if you see me you'd better not pinch me, 'cause then I'd have to pinch you back;)
.....
I finally watched The Two Towers and The Return of the King
Wow.  Just, wow. 
{Oh, did I mention that these are the extended edition DVDs?!  At least 30 more minutes of deleted and extra scenes added in.  Oh, yeah.}

My favorite part in TTT is the siege of Helm's Deep, right before the orcs attack, when it cuts from the orcs, to the women and children hiding in the caves, to Aragorn.  It really brought home what they were fighting for. 
I also loved it when Aragorn tosses Gimli;D  So much for "Nobody tosses a dwarf!" ;) 
And when Aragorn comes back after he falls off the cliff - I love it when he pushes open the doors and walks in to see Theoden King.   He's got this kind of swagger thing going... 
I'm afraid I'm hopelessly in love;)

However, I didn't like the changes they made to Faramir's character.  He was so cool in the books, almost as cool as Aragorn, in my humble opinion.  Of course, he still comes right in the end, but I didn't like it...  I mean, he's supposed to be more like the kings of old - honorable and all that.  So, I didn't like it, but I can live with it.

My favorite part in RoTK is when Eowyn and Merry take out the Nazgul Witch King.  Yep, that was cool. 
"No man can kill me." 
"I am no man."
You tell him, girl!
And when Gandalf is telling Pippin about the "far green country".  Absolutely beautiful.
The scariest part to me, was Shelob.  I'm not usually scared of spiders, but a huge spider like that... *shudder*
Oh, and when Frodo and Sam are climbing the super steep stairs - I don't do heights.
.....
Now that that's out of my system, on to the wallpaper...  Thank you for bearing with me, people:)
My dear cousin Abbie requested a wallpaper featuring Eowyn.
{full size image located on the Graphic Design Page}
I really like Eowyn, although I still like Arwen the best.  Eowyn's so strong, and yet she's still feminine.  I like that.
And, because I really couldn't help myself, one last one of Aragorn;)
{full size image located on the Graphic Design page}
.....
Happy Trails, y'all!

0 interesting remarks:

Post a Comment

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!