September 19, 2012

It's awesome.

It's awesome, when you've been putting off cleaning the refrigerator, and then your dad and brother clean it for you.

It's awesome, when you get your carpets cleaned and the carpet cleaner guys name is Thor.  No, he didn't look like Chris Hemsworth...what a pity.

It's awesome, when you're making dinner and listening to your brother's Bluegrass band practicing.

It's awesome, when you realize all over again how much you love playing the mandolin.

It's awesome, when you're all caught up on laundry.

It's awesome, when get to spend the afternoon watching All Creatures Great and Small while working on a custom Etsy order.

It's awesome, when you've been singing O For a Thousand Tongues in the shower on Sunday morning and then it's one of the hymns you sing in church.

It's awesome, listening to the sound of everyone turning the pages of their Bibles in church.

It's awesome, when the pastor's message is exactly what you needed to hear.

It's awesome, when you're feeding the horses in the evening and you decide to call your aunt on the cell phone...and you sit there in the hay loft talking until 11:00.

It's awesome, when you have a fangirl conversation about the completely adorable David Tennant with your best bloggy friends on Pinterest...especially when you realize that everyone else would think you're insane...and they'd be right.

It's awesome, and a tad bit frightening, when your grandma tells you, "Don't blink" and you stare at her with huge eyes for about 5 seconds before you realize she wasn't referring to Doctor Who and there are no Weeping Angels in the room.

It's awesome, when you're trying to explain something to your best friend, but you can't quite find the right words, so you say, "Oh, you know what I mean!".  And she does.

It's awesome, when you can spend the evening typing up a post for your blog about the awesome things in your life.

*smile*





13 comments:

  1. I love this!!! Will have to do something similar...

    And I have to say, those DT conversations are pretty epic. I love venting my fangirlness on Pinterest...since most of my family is pretty sick of hearing a reference to DW/DT in every other conversation. :-P Siiiiiiiigh....too much fun. :) And complete insanity, of course. I think sane people must be so bored all of the time, poor things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. But *especially* when you realize all over again how much you love playing the mandolin.
    I know what you mean. !! :smile:

    Awesome? When you discover a new DT short film at the exact moment when you really need a smile. Like tonight for me. Have you seen Traffic Warden yet? Because if you haven't, we sooo need to watch it together;D
    And if you have - squeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! It's just unspeakably all kinds of perfectly awesome. And it made my evening:)

    love you,
    --me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is Good!! I agree totally with this list you put together. Ihave one to add: It is awesome when reading an interesting blog leads to beautiful new friends!! smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more with your awesome list!

    O For a Thousand Tongues is a wonderful song!

    I still have yet to see any Doctor Who.... I'm trying to wait until my life slows down a little... but of course, it never will. So, I'll wind up just biting the bullet one day, and adding Doctor Who to my already too long list of fandoms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ally - They are absolutely epic!! Hehe, as is my family. Kellie hasn't worn out yet, as you can tell from her comment;D Yep, I feel so sorry for sane people. What a boring existence.

    Kellie - *grin* YEESSSS!!! Traffic Warden - isn't that the cutest thing ever?! I don't know why I didn't show that to you...oh well. DT is to, to adorable in that!!!! But what's new? ;)
    Love you back:)

    Winnie - That is truly awesome. I agree:)

    Miss Melody Muffin - Once you start Doctor Who, you'll never want to stop. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. To chime in on a conversation, Traffic Warden was splendid, I loved it!
    Yeah, for all of the amazing things in your life, isn't God amazing? =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, Thor the carpet cleaner? It's a good thing he hasn't come to our house! I know my dad would be making Thor jokes the whole day!

    Oh For a Thousand Tongues to Sing is one of my favorite hymns.(: I always love singing that one in church (or the shower!).

    Hehehe, honestly, I think I'm a bit insane when I think of what a huge fangirl I am...but then, all the best people are a bit insane, right?(: and it helps knowing I'm not the only one!

    Oh, goodness. I think I've done the same thing before! I come up with Doctor Who references for everything, and at the worst times sometimes.(:

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite. I love how awesome life can be. Life is brilliant if we just sit back and think about all the good things rather than the bad.

    Have you seen "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye? If so, remember the part where they sing about counting blessings instead of sheep? Yeah. I'm guilty of trying that after we watched that movie. It works. :)

    DAVID TENNANT!!!!! 'Nuff said.
    I really can't wait until I get to the "don't blink" episode. My friends keep talking about it, but I've been very good and I haven't skipped to it. Maybe I'll go watch DW tonight. Woot!

    Nice post, Natasha. :)

    God bless
    Treskie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life is definitely awesome! A carpet cleaner named Thor? That's definitely awesome and hilarious :)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome list, Natasha. It reminds me that it's time to clean my refrigerator! Thanks for the reminder!

    I wonder which Etsy project you mean? Ha!

    Take care,

    Will

    ReplyDelete
  11. KatySue - God is indeed amazing! And Traffic Warden is absolutely wonderful:)

    Vicki - Haha! I thought it was pretty epic having Thor clean our carpets;D
    Yep, the best people are a bit insane;)

    Treskie - Life is indeed brilliant when you take the time to count your blessings. Yes! That's my favorite song from White Christmas!
    Ooh, you're going to love Blink!!

    Michelle - Totally awesome! And I haven't seen you in forever it seems like. We need to fix that:)

    Mr. Dane - You're welcome;)
    One involving the most adorable crocheted owls ever. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I finally watched Blink! It was late, I couldn't sleep. I turned on my laptop...
    It was dark.
    I was by myself.
    I got creeped out. :D

    I had to watch another one to calm myself down. But I LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Treskie - Oooh, that's the best time to watch Blink!!! I knew you'd love it;D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!