Hello everyone! Goodness, I needed a rest after Doctor Who week! So much fun, but it was a bit tiring mentally as well. I'm sorry I haven't responded to any comments lately - I fully intend to do that this coming week. Also, I'll be announcing the contest winners and the button badge giveaway winner this week, so stay tuned!
And now for a random tag which I found on Ally's blog and also on Never Grow Up. It looked like fun, so I thought "why not?" Besides, when have I ever been able to resist a tag? Here goes...
Definitely young at heart...seeing as I'm only 23, I should hope so! ;)
2. What Christmas present do you remember the most?
Like Ally, my American Girl doll, only mine was/is Kirsten. :) Actually, I got Felicity for Christmas too, several years later, but Kirsten was my first. I played with them and carried them around with me until I was 15, and they still have a special place in my room.
3. Name one physical feature that you like about yourself, and one you don't like.
I like my eyes and hair. I DO NOT like my nose. I've finally learned to live with it, but I really don't like it. Which is why, when watching movies with me, you'll hear me say, "Wow! That guy has a nice nose!" Yeah, I notice noses. ;)
4. What holiday do you most look forward to?
Christmas, of course!! =D
5. How is the relationship between you and your parents?
Pretty good. My mom and I are very, very close. I tell her everything. My dad and I, not so much. We get a long alright, but we're both quite stubborn. I inherited much of my personality from him and sometimes there are major clashes of wills and opinions. But I love him so much, and I know he loves me, so it's all good in the end. :)
6. You've got the TV on, but you're not really watching. What channel is the TV on?
We don't get TV. If we did, I would watch the Turner Classic Movie channel. *bliss* And between that and the internet I wouldn't get anything done, so it's a good thing we don't get it. ;)
7. If you could pick anywhere to live the rest of your life, where would it be?
Right here in North Idaho! I love it here so much, and Lord willing will never, ever leave.
8. Have you ever spent a night in the hospital?
Aside from when I was born, nope.
9. Do you enjoy being with only one or two friends, or with a large group of people?
Usually I prefer the company of one, sometimes two, close friends. However, I love the occasional good, noisy get together with a large group of good friends!
10. Do you like the type of music your parents listen to? Do your parents like the type of music you listen to?
Yep. We all like Bluegrass, some Christian contemporary and movie soundtracks...plus a lot of eclectic weird songs that make us laugh. Although, I also really love bagpipe music and none of them are very wild about that.
11. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
12. Do you believe in a god?
I absolutely believe that there is one true God, and that His son Jesus died for my sins and saved me.
13. What's you're favorite hashtag to track?
I'm on Twitter, but I haven't the foggiest idea what the hashtags are all about. *shrug*
14. When you were young, what would you dream you would be when you grew up?
A mom. :) I also considered dog grooming, dog training, professional horse eventing, vet tech, and other animal related careers. None of those ever came to anything, although I would still be interested in dog training as a side business. Maybe some day...
15. Do you want to have more friends than you have right now?
Nope. I mean, I'm always open to making new friends, but I've always preferred to just have a few really good friends.
16. Have you ever met someone through the Internet, then met them in real life?
Yes! You can read about it here and here.
17. Tell me about the last book you read.
I haven't had as much time for reading lately, but I think it was a Beverly Lewis Amish fiction and I liked it. I'm currently reading All Things Wise and Wonderful by James Herriot. He's probably my favorite author ever and I'm loving it.
18. Predict what your life will look like a year from now.
Oh dear...I don't think I will. There are a lot of new and exciting things going on in my life, and I wouldn't want to predict where they might be heading. Just praying that the Lord's will be done in all things.
19. Early bird or night owl?
Definitely night owl! No doubt about that. Especially if I have a book to finish or a sewing project I'm working on...and that's what I'll be doing tonight. Watching a movie and sewing like mad!
20. Where do you live? Be as general or specific as you want.
Idaho. Specifically the panhandle. It's absolutely beautiful here.
21. What was the longest car ride you've ever taken?
When we drove across the US to the east coast to visit family in North Carolina.
22. What is your ethnic heritage?
On my mom's side Austrian (still have family there) and some French. On my dad's side Ukrainian (as you could tell if you knew my last name, but it's so unique I don't share it online - we literally know and are related to everyone with our name;) and Polish, with a bit of French, Irish and Scottish thrown in for good measure. I love studying my family's roots, and one of my dad's aunts has done a considerable amount of research, so that's fun.
23. Do you want to live until you're 100?
I'm content to live however many days the Lord has for me, but I honestly don't think I'd want to live that long.
24. Do you practice what you preach?
I sincerely hope so.
25. Have you ever laughed uncontrollably when it was socially inappropriate?
Only all the time. ;)
26. Do you often skip breakfast?
Yes. Usually because I forget to eat. Eating/food is not a real big deal to me.
27. Would you want to know the exact date and time you were going to die?
Goodness me, NO!! How horrible would that be?!
28. Describe your neighborhood.
Rural. Mountains. A dirt/gravel road in the country. We know all our neighbors for several properties over on both sides of us, although we don't see them socially very often.
29. Name a TV series you didn't enjoy until after it ended.
Most TV series that I watch are from the 50s and 60s, so they're definitely over. Wanted: Dead or Alive, Andy Griffith, Leave it to Beaver, Dennis the Menace, Mission: Impossible, Get Smart, Gilligan's Island, etc. The few modern shows I watch are Doctor Who, Sherlock and Merlin, all of which are still running.
30. Have you ever bought a product from an informercial?
31. What is one thing you could never forgive?
Betrayal. Loyalty is very important to me.
32. What part of the past year sticks out in your mind?
Renewing old friendships, finding a good church.
33. What is your favorite sport?
I don't really do sports, either playing or watching. However, I do enjoy playing badminton with friends and if given the chance will watch horse events, dog shows or baseball on TV.
34. What has been troubling you lately?
The decided lack of unity within the church today. So much time and energy is wasted by arguing over stupid things like whether girls should wear pants or not, or whether dancing is wrong or not. Do we believe in God and in His Son Jesus and that the Bible is the inspired Word of God? Okay, then can we let each family study the Word and decide issues like modesty or dancing for themselves without judging? Um, yes - those things have been troubling me lately. And no offence to anyone who does believe that girls shouldn't wear pants and dancing is wrong. :)
35. Who was your first crush?
Okay, so I've always liked boys. A lot. *grin* I had a myriad of little boy crushes when I was younger. And I am not going to name names - you never know who is reading your blog. ;) I did have a pretty serious crush for about 5 years when I was older. I finally realized that, although the guy is a great guy, it wasn't right for either of us. (btw, the crush was completely one-sided as far as I know;) So, now I'm just waiting for the Lord to bring me my farmboy. *smile*
36. Where is your favorite place to go out and eat?
37. Give me an unpopular opinion you have.
Hmm...umm...I cannot think of anything at this moment...now I'm feeling very mainstream. Ouch.
38. Describe a person that inspires you.
Just read this blog. I am continually inspired and encouraged by this young lady, who I am blessed to call my best friend.
39. If you could earn minimum wage doing what you love, would you?
Yep...actually, isn't that what I already do with my Etsy shop and my sheep? *grin*
40. Describe the last time you were very angry at someone.
Amazingly enough, I can't think of anything recently. Cool! ;)
41. Where would you prefer to live? A city? The suburbs? The countryside? The mountains?
The countryside/mountains. They're one and the same here.
42. Where is "home" for you?
Idaho...where my family and friends are...also, my grandma's house in California.
43. Where do you and your friends go to hang out?
Farragut State Park during the warm weather and someone's house during the cold weather.
44. Have you ever been bullied? Have you ever bullied anyone else?
Nope. Also nope...except for my bro. Older sister's privilege. ;)
45. Is it possible for guys and girls to be just friends?
Absolutely!! I have a lot of guy friends. They're like brothers and I love them all dearly.
46. What are the 6 songs you listen to the most?
While I'm Waiting (John Waller), He's a Pirate (POTC soundtrack), Ain't That a Shame (Pat Boone), That's How You Know (Amy Adams from Enchanted), I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers, The Phantom of the Opera from the Phantom of the Opera. And it really varies from week to week. I have a lot of favorite songs, but I do listen to those I named a lot.
47. If you could meet anyone on earth, who would it be?
Olivia de Havilland, Julie Andrews or David Tennant. *smile*
48. What is your favorite blog currently?
No way - I'm not going to choose favorites! If I comment on your blog, then it's a favorite. :)
49. What's the farthest you've ever been from home?
50. What's the one thing you're afraid of?
Snakes and heights. I also have irrational fears, although I guess they fall more under the heading of "worry". Like the time I just about had a panic attack thinking about how one of my kids could potentially drown in an animal water trough...and then I had to laugh because I'm not married and don't have any kids yet. Still, I have a plan all worked out for keeping the water troughs and buckets covered. Doesn't hurt to be prepared, does it? ;)
Well that was fun! I'm not tagging anyone, so if this looks like fun and you want to do this, then please do!
I hope you all had a wonderful day! I certainly did - a quick trip to the library, then spent the afternoon sewing while watching The Great Mouse Detective with my mom and bro. I forgot how fun that movie is!
Happy Trails, y'all!