November 4, 2011

Inspiration

We had our first snow last night and this morning, but it didn't stick so it's not really official, at least in my opinion.  I'm kind of glad it didn't stick, although I do love snow.  Not quite ready to be snowed in yet.

I've been feverishly working on new items for the shop.  My Google chat status pretty much says it all...
"I'm trapped in a swirling vortex of yarn, crochet hooks and movies...this is fun!"
Inspiration hit me yesterday in the form of this picture on Pinterest...



As a result, I now have Granny Square Bunting in the shop!


I think it turned at pretty cute:)


The pictures could have been a bit better...a lot better, really.  
Outdoor pictures would have been awesome, but it was overcast, raining and just damp in general. 
And I'm not patient.
Could be worse...
Can any of my photographer friends give me some tips on taking indoor photos?  And, while you're at it, how to keep the colors accurate?  I'd be eternally grateful=)

I also listed five vintage Nancy Drew books.


That vortex is sucking me in again...

Have a lovely evening, y'all!

3 comments:

  1. It did turn out cute! I love the colors you chose.

    As for taking indoor photos, try adjusting your white balance if you can. That should help with the colors. I always try to take my indoor photos next to a big window that lets in lot of light. Or if your pictures are turning out blurry because it's to dark, try using a tripod so you don't get any motion blur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your bunting! I'm on etsy too, I'm Timeless Everythings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sereina - Thanks for the tips! Definitely going to try all of them next time I take pictures. A tripod sounds like a really good idea as I don't have very steady hands anyway;)

    Amanda - Just checked out your Etsy shop. How fun that your dad is an antique dealer! It must be so fun working with him!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!