April 30, 2014

Get Hay While the Sun Shines


I am so incredibly blessed, loved, and cared for by my heavenly Father.  So blessed by my time with Hank.  I may be a bit biased, but he's amazing and always makes me feel so special.  There are really no words to express how special he is, except these...

You know when sometimes you meet someone so beautiful — and then you actually talk to them and five minutes later they're as dull as a brick; but then there's other people. And you meet them and you think, "Not bad, they're okay," and when you get to know them ... their face just, sort of, becomes them, like their personality's written all over it, and they just — they turn into something so beautiful. Rory's the most beautiful man I've ever met.  - Amy Pond "The Girl Who Waited"

The more I'm with Hank, the more "beautiful" he becomes.
Hey, I'm quoting Doctor Who...you know I mean it!



Last week we drove up to his grandparent's place to pick up some hay.  I love riding in the truck.  It's a truck, which is cool, and with the 1 1/2 hour long drive there was plenty of time for talking, which is really cool. *smile*  Before we got the hay, Hank drove me around their property showing me the different hay meadows and special places.  I love exploring, so it was perfect!








Getting hay is much more fun when all you have to do is stand back and take pictures of the tractor loading the hay for you. *grin*





 I love it that Hank's grandma always gives me a hug.  I love getting and giving hugs.  After visiting with his grandparents and eating delicious soup and apricot upside-down cake (sooo yummy!), we headed to a friend's birthday party (pictures of that later).  And got to unload our hay in the dark.  *grin* 



We listened to Dragnet and Dragnet spoofs on the ride back, which was great.  I love old radio shows.
And yes, Hank shaved his beard!  Contrary to popular belief, I DID NOT ask him to.  In fact, I asked him to keep it.  I liked the beard a lot...but I think he looks great without it, too. *smile*


Oh look, here I am!  You now have proof. *wink*



Do you enjoy drives in the car?  How about exploring?  I want to know!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, so fun.... I'm so happy for you Tasha!!! I completely agree with your assessment, and the quote you included...
    You know I love exploring, and car drives...especially with special people...
    Can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Glad to know I'm not the only one who takes out my camera whenever I can! ;) Yes I do enjoy driving in the car although not when I'm doing the actual driving.:P
    ~Sarah
    http://allthingsvintage-sc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pics - love this so much. Can't wait to see the after party... or rather, the main event:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! I especially like the second and third ones; the dimensions are so neat. :) I love car rides too, especially when you can explore on the way to where you are going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you Tasha!! I love getting hugs too, at least when they're from people I know. hugs are amazing.

    ah, I LOVE that doctor who quote

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post makes me smile! I just can't express how happy it makes me for you! I am so glad you had such an enjoyable time. Yup, that whole trip definitely sounds like the perfect formula for fun!

    I am loving all your pictures in this post! Very photo journal-ish (there is my new word for the week)! And of course I love the subjects of the pictures.

    You were right, those bales certainly did fit into the back of his truck!: ) I guess I still don't have the North Idaho mentality of hauling things in the back of your pickup. I am used to everybody using a trailer for their hauling. Imagine our surprise, shock and disbelief, the first winter of being up here, when we saw two horses in the bed of a truck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah - Thank you, dear! :D
    We should go exploring together this summer!!

    Sarah - Where I go, my camera goes. ;) I prefer to be a passenger in the car, too. Much easier to snap photos. ;D

    Kellie - Hehe..."after party" coming up soon! :D

    Lady Eowyn - Thank you!
    Exploring is the best:)

    Bella - Thank you!! :D
    Yeah, hugs from complete strangers aren't high on my list, either.
    Probably my FAVORITE DW quote EVER!!

    Maria - *grin* Definitely the perfect formula for fun! *grin*

    lol! Yes, we use pickups for a lot of things. I don't know that I'd want my horse in the back of a pickup, but I know people who do that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw a miniature horse being drove away in van once :)

    I absolutely love little road trips and exploring. Last week, just made a trip over Lookout Pass for the first time in forever and over to St. Regis, MT and up through Paradise and back into Sandpoint.

    Looks like a fun adventure for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tasha!
    I enjoyed these pictures immensely! Your Hank is quite the handsome guy with the clean shaven face. I think he looks a lot younger! You two are the cutest couple! Merry from eachlittlebird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rachel - I know some people transport their llamas in vans...I don't think I'd want to do that!

    I love that drive so much!!

    Merry C. - I certainly think he's handsome, and it's good to have someone confirm my opinion. ;)
    Aww, thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!