December 24, 2012

Merry Christ-mas!

All is still and quiet in the house.
The freshly fallen snow outside is glittering in the blue night-light of winter.
We've watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and still have A Christmas Story to look forward to.  My bro and I had a "light-saber" fight with the wrapping paper rolls, and my tummy is telling me that I ate too much chocolate and sugared popcorn.  But I don't care, because it's Christmas Eve!


What can I say?  A Muppet Christmas Carol is one of my absolute favorite Christmas movies. :)

But through all of the warm feelings of peace on earth, goodwill to men, I pray that I will never lose the wonder and awe of what Christmas truly is...it's the celebration of the birth of my Saviour, Jesus Christ.

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will towards men.
and it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said on to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
: : Luke 2: 8-18 : :



During this season of celebrating Christ's birth, my church has been focusing on the wonder of His birth.
Just a wee babe born in a stable, yet...
Jesus was God.
Jesus was man.
Jesus was a servant.
Jesus was/is our Saviour.
Is that enough wonder for you?!  I can't even begin to fully take it all in.
Let's take the shepherds, who were the first to hear of Jesus' birth, as our example and share the wonderful news with everyone we meet!  Our Saviour is born!  Glory to God in the highest!


Merry Christmas everyone!


4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful passage of scripture! <3 Is that KJV? It's my favorite. the version I've read my whole life.
    It is amazing isn't it? What he sacrificed to save us...<3
    Merry Christmas!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you too, Tasha! I hope you had a wonderful time with family and friends enjoying all of the beauty and love of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh...memories of Christmas Past. It's been a long time since we saw A Muppet Christmas Carol, but I'll never forget this line (paraphrased):

    RIZO: "...Oh wait! I left my jelly beans on the other side of the fence." Fetches jelly beans
    GONZO: "You can fit through those bars?!"
    Awkward silence
    GONZO: "You are such an idiot."

    Ooh-hah!

    Peter and I grew up with the Grinch and Rudolph, too! What fun!

    Blessings!
    ~"Tom"~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. So glad 2012 is over. AND WE SURVIVED! See? the Doctor knows what he's doing! *Grin* How have you been?

    HAPPY NEW YEAR

    God Bless
    Bella

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!