August 12, 2012

Jiggery Pokery, Wibbley Wobbley

9:00 PM - Dusk

Under the leafy branches of the apple and cherry trees in the orchard, a magical world has appeared...


- blue lights - a computer - snacks - lots of pillows - sleeping bags - DVDs - 3D glasses -

Let the first official Orchard Sleepover and Doctor Who Party begin!


"Rose, always bring a banana to a party." - The Doctor


Edible ball-bearings?  Oh, yes!


btw, the cupcake on the far right was dubbed "the David Tennant cupcake" by my bro because he said the frosting looked like David's hair;)

We settled down with our bananas, cupcakes, delicious caramels from France (thanks Winnie!), put on our 3D glasses, and then I introduced Kellie to the wonderful world of the Doctor.


We watched Rose and Dalek from the 9th Doctor's time, then skipped ahead to Ten with The Christmas Invasion, then Blink, and wrapped up our evening with Army of Ghosts and Doomsday.  
Oh, and on a previous sleepover, we watched Silence in the Library-Forest of the Dead, so technically that was Kellie's "real" first introduction to Doctor Who.  Sorta chucked her in at the deep end, you might say. ;D

When we got to David Tennant, the squeals began...and really never stopped after that.
He's brilliant...and amazing...and adorable...and has GREAT hair...and he's brilliant...and...I'm stopping now. ;)


There were sooooo many other episodes and specials I wanted Kellie to see - Father's Day, The Empty Child-The Doctor Dances, Girl in the Fireplace, Rise of the Cybermen, Idiot's Lantern, The Runaway Bride, Smith and Jones, Shakespeare Code, 42, Human Nature-Family of BloodVoyage of the Damned, Partners in Crime, Fires of Pompeii, Planet of the Ood, The Sontaran Stratagem-The Poison Sky, The Doctor's Daughter, The Unicorn and the Wasp, Turn Left, The Stolen Earth, Journey's End, etc. - but when it's 4 o'clock in the morning, and you suddenly realize that dawn isn't too far away, it's time to go to sleep.  Hehe - yeah, we only got about 4 hours of sleep. 

But, it was absolutely the BEST sleepover EVER!!


We woke to gentle, early morning sunlight shining through the leaves overhead.






While I was feeding the horses, Kellie tidied our campsite and snapped photos.


Blanket tents are cool.


Actually, I'd forgotten just how much fun they are...but I never will again.


3D glasses (made by my bro and I - template here) and pin-back buttons made by Kellie.


One for each of us (we let my bro hang out for a bit because he really likes DW, too;) - they say "Run", "Timey-Wimey", and "Allons-y".  Very awesome!


And the Bonnie dog got to sleep outside with us, snuggled up next to me.

She's a Whovian, too. :)


Happy Trails, y'all!

p.s.
You can read Kellie's Doctor Who sleepover post here.

8 comments:

  1. This looks like such fun! I love all the pictures! Hehe...I always squeal when I see David Tennant! It annoys my sister...buuuuut, I don't really care!(;

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wibbley wobbley... timey wimey... stuff.
    Blink is one of my favorite episodes. And as for Silence in the Library... perfect for a sleepover! Haha. Ha.
    Of Thoughts and Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like lots of fun!! I haven't dared to see any Doctor Who- not even clips!- because I'm quite sure I'll very quickly become a convert, and I have far too much on my plate for the next two months. But I am planning on seeing some this fall!!

    What Doctor would you recommend starting with? I know Alexandra is a huge fan of Ten... and based on the all David Tennant I've seen on this blog so far, I'm guessing you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect post:) I love love loved the David Tennant cupcake!

    Amazing pictures. I'm think I'm gonna cry... :grin:

    "...Run!"
    --Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the most creative sleepover idea I have ever heard of!! Perfect outdoor theater for a formal introduction to the famous Dr. Who! Complete with all of the necessary accessories of specific food(those cupcakes look delicious! 3-d glasses, blue lighting and exceptional comfort for hours of viewing! Sounds like it might become an annual event?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word, this looks like so much fun! I'm sure you had a blast. Those 3D glasses ya'll made are so cool, and the cupcakes look amazing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so very, very jealous. :D What a total blast!!! Yipes, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicki - Oh yes! Lots of fun=) lol. Yeah, I admit I always squeal when I see DT. You should have heard me when watching Foyle's War;D

    Ashley Kristine - Absolutely perfect for a sleepover! You should have heard the muffled shrieks when we turned out the lights and hopped into bed. =D Thankfully, there were no Vashta Nerada lurking about;)

    Miss Melody Muffin - I know the feeling;)
    Personally, I'm really glad I started with the 9th Doctor at the beginning of the new series. He was amazing! However, there was definitely some stuff in the last two episodes that I didn't like and can't recommend. I would at least watch the first episode of Season/Series 1 though, although you can totally just start with the 10th Doctor. lol. Yeah, there's a lot of David Tennant love on here;D

    Kellie - It really did look like David's hair!! Hehe - go ahead and cry if you want to;)
    Oh, that was so much fun!

    Winnie - Thank you:) It was absolutely perfect! I think it just might become an annual event;)

    GreenMedallion - It was a lot of fun and we did have a blast:D

    Alexandra - How I wish that I could have all of my bloggy Whovian friends over for a DW sleepover!! That would be fantastic!!! Who knows? Maybe someday:D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!