June 1, 2017

Moving Out

Well, this is it.  Our last week in the little house I've called home for 2 1/2 years.  Many happy memories have been made in that time and in this little house.  I will be sad to say goodbye.

But oh so happy to say hello to this every day!


This is the driveway of our new property.  And you can't even tell how truly beautiful it is there from this picture.  So many lovely trees, lots of wildflowers blooming right now.  I love it.


We finally closed on our new place on May 15.  It feels good to own land again. :)

Some details...
  • Size - 30 acres of bare land.  No power, but the well got put in last week.
  • It's in a very rural area, with no parcels less than 20 acres around us.
  • There's a ton of State and Forest Service land around us and access to a small lake.
  • We will be living in our camper trailer over the summer while Hank builds us a dwelling place.
  • That dwelling will be a shop barn with living quarters.  Down the road, when funds allow, we will build a real house.
  • It's gonna be a crazy adventure!


We found a snail - Ivy was fascinated.


There is no power on the property at the moment, so for a bit we will be off the grid.  We're not sure when we will get power, so this may be my last blog post for awhile. :(

To tide you over, here are some more pictures of Asa...








Both my kiddos are growing so fast.  I treasure every minute I get to spend with them.

One last thing...packing and moving is sooo not fun.  I am so glad we are never going to do this again!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, look at that darling baby and his big sister!! And that LAND!!!!!!!!! Beautiful, just beautiful. Yes, you are both going to have quite an adventure this next year getting set up but I know it will be the blessing you both have dreamed for the future of your family. When you do get an address, please let us know so we can continue to send mail to you all!! I don't want to lost touch after all these years. Take good care, Tasha, and blessing to you and your family in this coming big and beautiful transition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heart!!! A dream coming true!!! Treasure every moment of every day! What a beautiful God has given you in the life He has given you! Wish we were neighbors! :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the pictures! That picture of Asa sleeping with the Honk book in front of him had me smiling. :) Ivy has become such a good big sister--she is such a natural. :) Love that lamb photo, and the snail? Sooo cute! So excited to walk this adventure with you!!! Glad you posted again.... I was wondering if you would.. ;)
    Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful baby!! Natasha congratulations!! So many blessings and goodness in your life! I hope to see you soon and get together to catch up! What an amazing dream starting to come true! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What an amazing adventure! Your property is gorgeous, what a view!!

    The pictures of Ivy and Asa are so precious! Your baby blanket for Asa is lovely! You did a terrific job. I love embroidered details of the sheep faces and legs.

    May the LORD bless and keep you all!! I will miss your posts, but will keep you in my prayers.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place! Your kiddos are such cuties. What an exciting adventure in life!
    I second that packing is not fun. I'm still not done.

    God bless you and your family.

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!