December 9, 2016

Ivy's Birthday Party

 We are finally getting some bitterly cold weather in our part of Idaho, and are being showered with beautiful, heavenly, snow this weekend. SNOW. I am sooo excited!  I love snow.


And I love Christmas.  I just love this season so much!  And I have a few Christmas-y things to share, but before I can do that, I need to share pics from Ivy's 1st birthday party.

Ivy and Daddy.  
I knew Hank would be an amazing daddy, but he is so much more amazing than I imagined.

In my very humble opinion, there is no such thing as too much pink when your little girl is turning one.  I did tone it down by adding cream, beige, and peach to the color palette.  I'm rather pleased with how the decorations came together.  Dollar Store.  Love it.


Walking with great-grandmother, better known as Granny in this family.

Side note: I am so glad we put in the new flooring last winter. So much better then the ugly linoleum.

Getting some kitchen help from my sister-in-law, Sarah.  Thank you for all of your help, sistah!
We started the party with a potluck meal.  I put together a pork roast and everyone else brought delicious side dishes.


Instead of a traditional cake, I decided to "make" a doughnut cake. Why?
1| Doughnuts - because yum                          
2| So easy - just stack them and you are done
3| You need doughnuts and cider at a fall party
4| See first point                                              


I created the cake stand using dollar store candle sticks, cake plates, and stuck them together with sticky tack. Thank you Pinterest.  I opted for the sticky tack, rather than hot glue gun, so I could disassemble the stand and wash it more easily.


Present time.  Ivy loved pulling the tissue paper out of the bags. *smile*


I made this Waldorf style doll from a kit when I was about 14-year-old.  It was a lot of fun to make matching dresses for Ivy and her doll, and even more fun to see how much Ivy enjoys her!



Our little house was crowded and cozy.





Auntie Molly knit an adorable and cozy hat for Ivy. The yarn was also spun by Molly and the wool is from their flock of Targhee sheep.


I'm calling this face the "new stuff overload" face. *grin*

Of course the cousins had to check all of the presents out.

Grammy Pammy and Grandpa Mike with Xander.

I love how much these two enjoy playing together.


Smash cake time!



Ivy definitely enjoyed her cake.  I made the "cake" in a doughnut pan and used this recipe.




Checking out baby Clarissa.


I'm so thankful for the family and friends who came.  And just really, really glad to be part of Hank's family.  They drive me crazy sometimes (some more than others;), but I love them.  That's kind of how family works, isn't it?

And that wraps up Ivy's 1st birthday bash.  I had a lot of fun planning it and you can check out my Pinterest inspiration board here if you wish.

8 comments:

  1. This looks like a fun first birthday party! Ivy is adorable!! : ) The jumper you sewed for her is so cute. I have had fun sewing seasonally themed jumpers for my little girl. The Waldorf doll is lovely! I have the supplies to make one, but haven't had enough time yet. Such a sweet and memorable first birthday gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Jumpers are so much fun to make, and they're so easy when your making them for a tiny person! I'm looking forward to sewing Ivy some summer ones next year. I can't wait to see your Waldorf doll when you make it!

      Delete
  2. Belated Happy Birthday, Ivy! :-D

    Looks like everyone had fun, and the decorations are so cute. Love Ivy's "new stuff overload face." LOL.

    The Donut Cake idea is brilliant! Yum, indeed. :-D

    Blessing to you all, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ivy says thank you :D

      The same to you and your family!

      Delete
  3. Cute dresses! I love the print. Looks like you all had a lot of fun.
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet party for such a sweet little girl!! I am glad all the family and friends could also come and celebrate with you and Hank. I love the little Waldorf doll you made that now is a friend to Ivy with a look alike dress. Too cute and very fun to see the doll have a new life with a new pal. Love and hugs to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to have so many loved ones here to celebrate. My mom made me and my doll matching dresses when I was young, so I just had to carry on the tradition :)

      Delete

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!