October 17, 2016

Lately...

...I finally got the dumb fly that kept buzzing around and landing on my head.  He won't be bothering anyone ever again.  Ha!

That was not how I planned to start this post.  Oh well.  This is real life folks!  I do not like bugs in my house and I rejoice when they're lying stiff and dead.

Ahem.  Anyway...

Some adorable free autumn printables I discovered on Pinterest and needed to share with you! I like to have a few frames on the wall devoted to showcasing the latest free printables I've found.  Which made updating them for fall easy.

http://www.onsuttonplace.com/2014/08/10-free-fall-printables/

http://www.thelatestfind.com/2015/09/freebie-fall-printable-freeprintables.html

http://www.mysomedayinmay.com/2015/10/pickup-full-of-pumpkins-free-printable.html#.WAAQTDXzdn4


http://www.anightowlblog.com/2015/09/free-fall-printable.html/?crlt.pid=camp.4XouWV9MsiXx

And now I really, really want to go buy some adorable mini pumpkins to brighten the house up even more.  I didn't get a chance to decorate for autumn last year (new baby) and I was sick a lot the year we got married, so I'm excited to finally decorate for my favorite season!

It's been extremely rainy here, hence the need for brightening.  I love a good rainy afternoon curled up with a book by the stove, but it is a bit gloomy after a while.

We have a colorful assortment of potatoes from the garden!  The only thing that actual grew this year, which is disappointing.  Not a good garden year.

We spent our 2nd anniversary picking up all the sheep and bringing them home.  Well, most of them home.  Some of the lambs went to the auction, and half of the ewes and Gunnar the ram went to a friend's house.  She has a 10 acre field with nothing in it, so they are enjoying tender green grass and we are enjoying not having to feed them hay for another month.  The rest of the ewes and our new ram, Norris, are taking it easy here at home, nibbling at oat hay. It's sooo nice to have sheep at home again.  I missed them so much!

His spot on the porch, although he also loves to hang out by the sheep pens.

Gus is continuing to grow...and grow...and grow.  I keep forgetting that he's still a puppy - his size throws me off.  He's about 8-months-old now.  He's turning into quite the dog.  Doing much better with the sheep now that he's bigger and the ewes aren't feeling protective of their lambs.  He patrols the yard at night, sleeps on the porch, and scares "bad things" away.  His list of bad things include elk, deer, squirrels, the neighbors, certain cars, the UPS truck, dogs, people on bikes, and the electric fence.  We're still working on teaching him that most of those bad things are not, in fact, bad unless they try to open the gate and come in.  He's smart, so he is catching on quickly.

Ivy and cousin Alexander.  They LOVE to play with each other and that makes me so happy.

Ivy adores Gus.  And the cat.  Actually, she just loves all of the animals.  But especially dogs and cats. If I ask her where the kitty is, she'll look around saying, "Diddy? Diddy?".  Yay for first words!  And I cannot wrap my brain around the fact that she is going to be ONE in a month!  How did that even happen?

And is their something really wrong with looking at fall printables on Pinterest while listening to Christmas music?  I'm not sure...but I might have a problem.

What have you been enjoying this fall?  I want to know!

5 comments:

  1. We've had rain almost non-stop the whole week (actually, we've only had a short break the whole month--October began with a rainstorm. Bah!), so I feel you on gloomy weather. :-P

    Hurrah for sheepies, po-TAY-toes, and enjoying life's little blessings. Gus is adorable, and my! but little Ivy has quite the head of hair now!

    God bless,
    ~R~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Printables, photos, Gus, our babies,....and YOU! Glad you got that fly deaded and stiff. ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red headed cousins, so cute! Always glad to see a new post from you in my blog feed.

    Not much exciting going on here. Trying to sell animals and get ready for winter. We have a beautiful bounty of winter squash, ready to be picked.

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Fall, Tasha!! Yes, Fall is my all time favorite season of the year and there is definitely never enough pumpkins in my life during Sept.-November. Hmmmm, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin spice coffee, pumpkin fudge........... hehehe, I might be suffering from a bit of an obsession! So cute to see the photo of Ivy and Alexander. Ivy's red hair reminds me of my first born, Kelley. Love those carrot tops!! And thanks for finding those great free prints. They are all so fun and I will be putting them to use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ivy Is SOOOOO Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!