July 29, 2016

take me to the lake

















Sorry for the long silence around here!  It's been so long, that my blogging voice (that's totally a thing) feels stiff and awkward.  Like my fingers did when I sat down at the piano today and tried to play and old favorite.  I was so hoping to be able to post once a month and keep you all updated.  I have a zillion pictures of Ivy Rose being adorable that I wanted to share.  But find time, I could not.  So you'll have to be happy with these pictures. :smile:

We went for a hike on the Shoreline trail at Farragut State Park last week.  It was really fun for all three of us to get out and do something fun together.  Ivy loves water and really enjoyed getting her toes wet.

Ivy can crawl now (very fast), pull herself up and stand, she's got her first two teeth coming in, has discovered she can't always have what she wants, and she gets into EVERYTHING (did I mention she crawls very fast??).  And she is the most adorable, sweet, beautiful little girl ever!  Amen.

I've been kept busy not just by our little princess, but by an insane amount of cleaning and de-cluttering.  We are getting our house ready to sell, hence the cleaning.  I had not idea how much work that would be, but we are so, so close to being done.  Which is good, since we need to have the house listed by August 3rd.  

Why are we selling?  We need more space.  Not house space, but more acreage.   Five acres is a nice size, but not for what we want to do.  Which is raise sheep (lots of them), and pigs, and chickens, and goats, and hay, and...you get the idea.  I'll let you know when we find our dream location (we do have one in mind, but nothing is official...yet).

So what is new with all of you?  I want to know!




7 comments:

  1. I love your update posts! Ivy is so adorable. :) I hope you guys find the perfect piece of land!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Ivy studying the moss/ lichen on the tree is adorable!

    I just finished reading a book called Gaining Ground. Turned out to be a really good book about a guy who saved his family farm by changing the way they raised their animals, and improving their soil in the process. Thought it might be of interest to you. The authors name is Forrest Pritchard.

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tasha, so good to hear from you!! Ivy looks so cute in her little red check top and navy pants. She is adorable! Getting a new place? WhooHoo!! That sounds awesome despite the huge lift it takes to get the place ready to sell and then move. But, when you find that new farm, it is going to be better for all of your animal raising tasks. I am so glad you had time to share with us and I wish you and Hank the best in these next months of transition. It is going to be a busy Fall for the Littles!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lake is so pretty! And Ivy is adorable, as always. :D

    That's exciting (and exhausting, I'm sure!) that you're moving. Even though I'm nothing close to the farmer/homesteading type, I think it's really neat that you're going to have a larger place and are able to live out your dream to raise lots of animals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! I have to say, that last pic is my favorite (even though Ivy looks like she sees a T-Rex coming full tilt;) - Motherhood looks amazing on you, dear. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I get to walk the adventure with you in real life (which can't be beat ;) ), I love, love the photos of that darling niece of mine!!! <3I'm excited to see what God has in store for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness!! LOVED seeing those pics of cutie Ivy!! And the ones of you and her....ADORBS!!!

    I'll pray you guys re able to find a place that will fit your needs better dear! Hope you're able tot make the switch before fall/winter!

    Love,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!