March 7, 2016

Surprise | Updated Blog Design

Things look pretty different around here, don't they? 
I wanted a fresh, new look for the blog, one that I wouldn't want to change for a while.  

However, the opportunity to sit down and spend time coming up with something I liked just wasn't happening.  Until last night.  Right about the time we put Ivy to bed, Hank had to go help a neighbor pull a stuck lamb.  He ended up being gone for about 2 hours.  With Ivy peacefully asleep, that left me with a completely quiet house and time!  

And you are viewing the results.  I quite like it!  What do you think?

Oh, and the stuck lamb was just fine, even though the neighbor had been pulling for half and hour on what she thought were it's back legs.  Turned out they were front legs, with it's head back.  Ouch.  It makes my neck hurt just thinking about it.  Hank had to push the lamb all the way back in so he could get the head around.  The second lamb started to do the same thing, so he had to pull that one, too.  Not how he was expecting to spend the evening, but very rewarding when you end up with two live, healthy ram lambs! :)

Our ewes should start lambing sometime towards the end of this week.  I can't wait to have sweet little lambs running around again!

Have a happy and blessed day, everyone!



14 comments:

  1. I really like the new blog look! It's very "you" . =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it? It was so good to see you on Sunday! I wish I could have visited more - dumb headache. :(

      Delete
    2. It was good to see you too! Coming up to Grace just once a month makes it seem like forever since I've seen you!

      Delete
  2. I like the makeover. Very pretty.

    I'm glad to hear the lambs made it out OK. Their poor mama!
    I awoke to our first pure Shetland lamb of the season a couple days ago. She is the cutest little black thing!
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I can't wait to see pictures of your lamb! She sounds so cute!

      Delete
  3. Love your new design....reminds me of your wedding... ;)
    Ouch! I can't imagine being the lamb inside! I'm sure we could come up with a good comic for that! ;)
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it, it totally reminds me of my wedding, too!
      I know...ouch! Haha! We totally could! Like Umbert the Unborn, but with a lamb. ;D I'm so proud of Hank for figuring out what was really going on with the lamb and getting them both out safe and sound!

      Delete
  4. Ohh, I love the gingham look Tasha! It is perfect for Spring and Summer too. I am looking forward to seeing photos of this year's sweet new lambs at your farm. Will there be baby ducks as well? Next year, Ivy is going to be quite excited to see the Spring babies right outside her house. Happy Spring, Tasha! It is nice to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The look is so refreshing and suiting! I like it a lot! Isn't it nice to get some quiet moments to yourself? When it happens it is almost weird and you don't know what to do with yourself sometimes! That poor lamb mama! Ouch! what a memorable entrance to the world! Much love <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the new look very much too!
    And Thank you for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling new look! It was so good to see you all the other day <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!