December 18, 2015

{1} month

Warning: excessive amount of pictures ahead!

You know how many pictures I take and share of my animals?  Nothing compared to how many I take of this sweet little girl!

First picture with Daddy!

It will be fun when Alex and Sarah's little one arrives in March.  The cousins will only be 3 months apart!

Ivy had so many visitors her first week!


Naps are wonderful, especially with a cuddly baby!



With her 26 week ultrasound picture.

Precious time reading God's Word to my little girl.  Nursing gives us lots of time to read together.

Meeting her cousins for the first time!

Beautiful snow and cozy sheep.

Stu has been very good around Ivy so far.  The only trouble is, he doesn't understand why he and Ivy can't share my lap. ;)


Thanksgiving was a wonderful (and rather exhausting when you're only 2 weeks postpartum) time spent with family.

My mom and dad love their granddaughter so much. :)


We had a white Thanksgiving, and it looks like we'll get a white Christmas, too!

Meeting Uncle Austin.

Four generations - Great Grandma Sue, Grandpa Todd, daddy Hank, and Ivy.  Love it!

With Hank's Aunt Sarah.




It amazes me that it's already been a month since Ivy was born.  A whole month! So much has happened in that time.  

We had a crazy wind storm come through during the first week.  Gusts up to 60 mph.  Crazy!  It knocked the power out all over the county.  Ours was out for only 2 days, praise the Lord.  Some folks had it out for a week, maybe more.  But we stayed cozy with our woodstove, and heating our meals on it.  Hank even cooked bacon!

You may have noticed there are no pictures of Ivy and the Bonnie dog.  We unfortunately had to put my Bonnie dog down only three days before I went into labor.  I believe I mentioned that Bonnie had had a tumor removed from her side in October.  It healed nicely, but only a few weeks later she had new tumors in the same place.  They got bigger and bigger.  I'm guessing it was cancer.  Since Bonnie was still happy and healthy otherwise, we just enjoyed having her with us. But it was obvious when the time to say good-bye came.  I miss her so much.  Every single day.  But, the Lord's timing is best.  And having little Ivy to cuddle has brought me so much joy.  Bonnie will always have a special place in my heart and memory.  She would have loved Ivy.

It's been a busy month, a busy new season in my life.
It's not always going to be easy, but oh, I do love being a mom!

I probably won't be on here again until the new year, so I wish all of you a very
Merry Christmas!

12 comments:

  1. Mmmm....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the pictures!!! What a full, crazy, eventful month it's been! Isn't God's timing perfect? From Bonnie's passing (even I miss her, which might be hard to believe with my allergies ;) ) right before Ivy's arrival, to the power being out, to Thanksgiving being a couple weeks after Ivy's arrival, and all the other little things in between.
    I'm so glad you're my sister-in-law--you're such an amazing mommy, and I can't wait to watch our kids grow up together! They're going to have SO much fun!! <3
    I love your collages, and the 4 generation photo.
    Have a very, merry, {not-so-little} Christmas making more memories! ;) And I can't wait to make memories with you for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, honey--I'm so sad for your loss of the Bonnie-dog! *Teary eyes* *Big hugs*

    But oh! how precious to capture four generations in one photo, and so much love among the family for their newest member. May God bless you all as little Ivy continues to grow and experience life for the first time.

    A blessed Christmas to you, too!
    ~R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a little shepherdess in the making. She is such a pretty baby!
    Sorry about Bonnie. Boxers are notorious for getting cancer. We have lost two from it :(
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you for so many wonderful photos!! Ivy is a cutie pie for sure! I am so sorry to hear about your sweet fur friend, Bonnie, who had been by your side for so many beautiful years. She was a champion!

    Enjoy your first Christmas with Ivy. No doubt there will be many photos of the newest little angel on the Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to all. Ivy Rose is beautiful! Wonderful pictures! You will never regret taking lots of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! You cannot have too many pictures!
    Friend you look lovelier than ever~ That sweet Ivy is a beauty.
    My little number 10 arrived week before last and Oh! It never gets old. Ever. Soak up every moment. It does go too fast.

    Hugs,
    Analene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these pictures of your darling! She really is the most adorable baby. My cousin and I are 3 months apart and we've been inseparable our whole lives. Ivy might just very well have a best friend on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful and wonderful! I am so happy to see this! I am sorry about Bonnie =( God is always good and His timing, perfect. What a beautiful little girl Ivy is! I can't wait to meet her! You look so well and beautiful and all your family so happy! That wind storm was CRAZY! I am glad you didn't have to go too long without power. Blessings and best wishes, Merry Christmas and much love in Jesus! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE all of these precious pictures! What an amazingly beautiful tiny human she is. I love that little face. Also, I am so very sorry to hear that you had to put Bonnie down. She was such a sweetheart. What a bittersweet time. God is good. Much love,
    Abbie/Cuz

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's so CUTE! You should blog about your birth story, they are always so interesting to read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for posting these, Tasha! I loved seeing them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all those pictures! Wishing you God's blessing as you enter the new year as a family of 3!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!