November 21, 2015

Ivy Rose


Our precious Ivy Rose was born at 8:25 PM on November 14th.
 6 lbs 7 oz - 20 inches

We are just in love with her!  She's so pretty and perfect.  I know we're biased, but she is!

Labor was...painful.  The most pain I have ever been in.  But, here I am, it didn't kill me!  I decided to have a water birth - best decision ever!  It's much more relaxing being in the water and less of a shock to baby.  I would totally do it this way again.  Having a great birth team is a huge part of that.  Everything was so calm and peaceful.  Nobody tried to rush me, they just let me do my thing. And when your midwife tells you during labor that she's praying for you?  Yes, I was blessed to have this birth team.

Hank was amazing.  Right there with me the entire time.  Just having him there made me more relaxed.  He read Psalms to me during the first part.  And is he smitten with his little girl?  He certainly is!

I'm so thankful for complication free birth and a healthy baby girl.  The Lord has blessed me beyond anything I could ever deserve.

I'll have more pictures next time.  But right now, Ivy and I are going to go take a nap.

17 comments:

  1. Aw, she's beautiful! I remembered you were due in November, so I'd been thinking about you a lot over the past few weeks, wondering how things were going and if the baby had arrived yet. :) I'm so happy for you and your husband, and congrats on your beautiful baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! What a precious name, too! So happy for you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww so cute! Get lots of rest.
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! She looks beautiful! And what a lovely name you pick for that sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you all! She certainly is adorable. And Ivy Rose, what a beautiful name. May you and Hank enjoy this new season of life God has blessed you with. I'm sure it's a sweet time! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Tash and Hank!!!! :-) She's ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness...... She is precious!! Congratulations to you both!

    Blessings always,
    Bree

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it amazing the first time you see the baby, you've been carrying, face to face? There are not words to describe it! I am happy your Ivy is here and now you have lots of time to get to know each other and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very happy for you and Hank. Looking at the photo of Ivy Rose (what a beautiful name), it seems like yesterday that my own baby girl made her appearance. Many blessings and as much sleep as possible for the three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! She is beautiful!! My great aunt from England was Ivy Rose. She was a lovely lady, and I love that name. : ) You have such an exciting year ahead! I know everyone says this, but it is true; they grow soooo fast. Enjoy this sweet time. May the LORD bless and keep you and your precious family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww...precious baby!
    Congratulations on a healthy new daughter, and praise God for no complications! Sorry to hear your labor was painful, but I'll bet seeing your little (haha--Little) one face-to-face made up for it. Beautiful name, too. (When I told my family her name, Bro immediately started singing, "Ivy Rose, I'm home again, Rose...." LOL!)

    Welcome, Ivy Rose! :-D

    ~"TWR"~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the birth of your little Ivy Rose!! Looking forward to seeing more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I'm not sure how I missed these posts. I suppose I should have said congratulations here instead of in your January post. :}

    I'm so happy for you and your husband. Ivy is just adorable. Motherhood is crazy and challenging, but it's worth every minute. :) Enjoy your precious little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both is fine with me. :) Thank you! I am enjoying motherhood very much.

      Delete

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!